Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Building

"Build a friendship...not a relationship” Like a foundation to a home as a relationship is the house. When the foundation isn’t strong enough and a relationship is pushed it comes crashing down; shaking, cracking, breaking the foundation that is there...keep forcing a relationship enough times- not even the foundation will be left...and the house becomes completely unbuildable. Yet…with a strong foundation, a beautiful home can be built…forever secure, safe and lovely.

I never got this concept until now...
I feel like apologizing to the guys I misunderstood this with...
Perhaps I have the fear that I would never be good enough for someone to actually 'build a house with' and be left with empty foundations laying everywhere.
"Can we just be friends?", "I think friendship is a better way for us to go"
I think I have a boneyard of foundations...empty,cracked,broken...


Then again perhaps its about chosing better foundation to 'use'...taking more time, having patience that i just dont have, and hoping that the house will be built eventually...and when it is done...it will be beautiful...like I know it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment